.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Daily Jewelry Showcase!

I've decided that it is time for a new focus on my blog ... and I'm excited about it! Each day I'll showcase four jewelry pieces chosen from my fellow Jet Team member shops, and I'm also going to include a piece or two from handcrafted jewelry I find in an Etsy search! Here's the first in this new series ...

I love handmade jewelry! I've enjoyed making jewelry since I was 14 and made my first piece in Metal Shop class ... a copper tie clip for my Dad.

I'm 54 now ... and I still get excited every time I make a new piece. This of course leads to an appreciation of jewelry as an art form, and so ... I love OTHER artist's handcrafted jewelry designs, too! This is why I enjoy writing jewelry reviews every day ... and why I'm beginning this series.

On the left are the four pieces I've chosen to spotlight in this article. These pieces are all currently for sale on Etsy. They are all fabulous in their own way, and I liked them so much I thought they all deserved to be shown and featured here!

First is the beautiful Hearts of Romaine - brass collage necklace made by Jean of 3squares. Thishearts-of-romaine-brass-collage-necklace artisan jewelry piece was made with a collage print in brilliant color; the print is sandwiched between a brass plate on the back and a layer of mica over the front of the print.

The top frame is brass with a hand applied heat patina. The eyelets are tube rivets that don't just look great ... they hold the assembly together. The pendant hangs from a brass chain with a lobster clasp.

This necklace would be a fantastic gift to that special someone in your life ... they'll love this handcrafted heart necklace! Priced at $40.00 ...

This original design Goddess Necklace is a fantastic handmade pendant in sterling silver, and you'll find it in just one place - Metalicious! This artisan's handmade silver jewelry is very contemporary in design, with a sophisticated yet playful edge.

The pendant drops in a graceful curve ... with sections of sterling silver tube graduated from large to small at the bottom. It will arrive at youe door ready to wear on a 16" sterling silver snake chain.

Goddess is one of a line - of Bubble Jewelry. Buy it today for $75.00!

The talented artisan at SenseofStyle made this red hot pair of Fire Sunset Earrings with art glass lampwork beads, Swarovski crystals and sterling silver component parts. I love the pattern and color combination! It does remind me of flame; this is very appropriate, because lampworking - the technique used to make these glass beads -is done in the open flame of a torch.

The central bead is an orange, red, and yellow combination on a clear base lampwork glass bead. The artisan added Swarovski bi-cone crystals for sparkle - red on the bottom and deep orange at the top. These dangles hang one inch from hook style earwires. These red hot dangle earrings are perfect for summer wear! Get them now - Only $10.00 ..

This Sapphire Puzzle ring in Sterling Silver - Handmade to your size from NellyVanSee is simply gorgeous. If you're a puzzle ring collector, you're going to want one of these!

This is a four part puzzle ring, made with nice thick sterling silver wire. On the front is a bezel set sapphire cabochon. This artisan offers this handmade puzzle ring in any size, ever quarter and half sizes.

This ring can also be ordered with other options, like different gemstones. And it is very reasonably priced ... just $120.00!

I hope you enjoyed looking at these wonderful handmade jewelry items. These artisans all deserve your attention! I'll feature four more beautiful handcrafted jewelry pieces tomorrow ...

Robert Edwards is a proud member of the Jewelry on Etsy Team - JET. He is a jewelry designer and metalsmith in New York City with over 30 years experience in the jewelry trade, specializing in sterling silver jewelry and custom made silver chains. This article may be reproduced provided all content and links in the article including this author's statement remain intact. ©2010 Robert Edwards

17 comments:

Beadsme said...

Where did you find the puzzle ring. I love it.

Dawanna Young said...

i love your choices bob!
great pieces~

SendingLoveGallery said...

cool finds, Bob!

Cher said...

Great choices to feature, Bob!

Erika Price said...

Great article and some lovely finds, Bob! And the puzzle ring is beautiful!

3 squares said...

wow, i'm thrilled to be part of this fabulous feature! thanks SO much, bob. love the other picks too!

Silver Canyons said...

love the spotlight and layout Bob! Great choice of artists - each with their own styles and looks :)

Nelly said...

Amazing article, I'm so honored to be featured.

capitalcitycrafts said...

Beautiful handmade jewelry- thanks so much for sharing these great artists!

Olivia Jean said...

Wonderful choices and great write up - as always Bob!

DG Jewelry Designs said...

Great choices and wonderful write-up, Bob!

Michele said...

Lovely choices and feature!!!!

Designs by Victoria said...

Lovely pieces! I'm hoping to make my first forays into metalsmithing this year.

Unknown said...

Bob I am honored to be featured with such talent! Thank you

Metalicious said...

Thank you so much for featuring my necklace among such talented artists! You are a great writer Bob!

Lisa Lehmann @StudioJewel said...

wow...great post about some amazingly talented artists!

thank you for sharing!

Made By Tammy said...

Fantastic Finds!