.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Call it a mini vacation ... its just too HOT!

Hi! I took the holiday weekend off, kind of. Of course I can't completely get any time off because things happen ... like the guy who called me at 9:40 PM on Saturday to ask about a chain ... I laughed and said this isn't exactly during business hours ... and he said ...

"Isn't this Jewelry ... 24-7?"

I repled ... "Yes. That means YOU can shop for jewelry any time of day or night. It doesn't mean I will be here working 24-7 ... I gotta sleep sometime!" ...

Of course ... he laughed, and I answered his question!

Saturday afternoon I shopped for commercially made silver earrings from my fabulous Thai silver jewelry supplier ... and I expect to see the package by next Monday. Once it arrives I'll have plenty of work to do, and the silver earrings section of the site will grow tremendously.

Yesterday I did a lot of updating in the silver rings category.

And ... I have a LOT of new handmade silver jewelry to list. I think I'm going to put some of it on the site, though ... it just makes sense. Etsy is a nice showcase for my handmade jewelry, but ... I also get lots of traffic on my site, with customers looking for handmade jewelry. Its time to use the site for that also ...

Just too hot in my office ... no AC. Its nearly 100 degrees in NYC ... so this is the blog post for today. I want to do the showcase, but ... I need to cool off. So ...

I'll try to do it for tomorrow! Till next time ...

Robert Edwards is a proud member of the Jewelry on Etsy Team - JET. He is a jewelry designer and metalsmith in New York City with over 30 years experience in the jewelry trade, specializing in handmade silver jewelry and custom made silver chains. This article may be reproduced provided all content and links in the article including this author's statement remain intact. ©2010 Robert Edwards

No comments: